Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A perfect electronic storm

Electronics storm would be a more accurate title, but it doesn't flow as well in my opinion. Since it is my blog I can be inaccurate if I want to! Jeeze! Really, it's lucky that I am even able to write a blog at all right now...

Sorry if I seem a little wound up at the moment. I'm writing this post on my roommate’s computer because my laptop is on the fritz. The video card has been failing slowly since last summer and I think it's finally bit the dust. I got it to work, poorly I might add, for just long enough to pull all of my documents and music onto my external hard drive so that's one positive bit... I'm probably going to just have to suck it up and buy a new computer. I've got 4 solid years out of this one, it might be time to say goodbye.

I've always been fonder of the desktop setup so maybe I'll switch over to that with my next purchase. I know it's not as portable, but I like having the ability to replace individual parts. A desktop also means I'll sit on it less because I won’t have the temptation to surf while watching TV. Speaking of TVs...

I sold my TV to a friend of mine so that's another electronic device that I need to replace. "Need" is a little bit of an overstatement, unlike the computer which is a necessity, but I do enjoy having one. I also need to pay Sulky for our Bonnaroo tickets, food, rent, gas. All of this would manageable if only I had a job secured for when I get back to State College. I still have potential jobs that I am waiting to hear back from, but the prospect of all the money I've been saving being gone by the time school starts is off-putting.

Forget that junk though, I've had four days off and done some fun stuff! Let's talk about that instead, it's a much better topic of conversation don't you think?

I went to Hollywood Studios on Saturday to polish off the last few things I had never done there. This included Narnia, American Idol Experience, and Disney Jr. Live on Stage, and One Man's Dream. Narnia was one of the lamest things I've ever waited more than ten minutes for in my life, One Man's Dream was a short documentary about Walt Disney and was enjoyable, but the real action was with Disney Jr. and American Idol.

American Idol was the first one I decided to check out since there was a show starting right as I was arriving. The theatre was surprisingly awesome. I don't watch American Idol much anymore, but my memory tells me that they did a good job replicating it. The singing was also a pleasant surprise! I wasn't expecting much more than glorified karaoke from the Disney clientele but two of the three singers were quite impressive!



Disney Jr. was an eye opening experience into the secret world of parenting. Everyone was sitting on the floor with their kids and adults and children alike knew every word of the songs being sung. I thought I watched a decent amount of the Disney Channel, given my love of Phineas and Ferb and all, but this entire world has eluded me.


Somewhere along the line Mickey Mouse started a clubhouse that he could use as a hangout spot with Donald, Daisy, Minnie, and Goofy. There is a secret password which people will chant like a cult just to get inside. Mickey acts as the benevolent dictator of this world. He gives out any work that needs to be done equally amongst the clubhouse members while keeping the easiest job all for himself. Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse, I'm on to you and your buddy toodles! Your reign of terror will end!

I went to Epcot on both Sunday and Monday to finish up the lingering items there as well. Nothing, save the Circle of Life Environmental Fable, was really bad there. Turtle Talk with Crush was the highlight, but Impressions of France, Reflections of China, and The American Adventure were tolerable and at times very pretty. I've come to expect nothing less from Epcot so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

All I have left to do is a few random things at Animal Kingdom, most of which are out at Rafiki's Planet Watch. Either a morning this week, or a day next week with Teal and Andrew, and I'll have every attraction at the Walt Disney World Resort wrapped up with a bow. I'm starting to feel like I did when I played Pokémon and I was nearing the capture of all 150 original... perhaps I should stop there.

While I was at Epcot I got the great news that my dad had finalized a deal that would allow me to have a car back at school. I've wanted a car I could call my own ever since I first wanted a go-kart back in fifth grade. It does pose the gas and malignance money problem, but then again as long as I have a job the point is moot.



My dad and said car... it needs a name, any suggestions?
 
Cute from behind too...
Really, the Epcot day was quite excellent because I was greeted back at home by a lovely prank. Fountains and bubble bath go together like turkey and gravy and the fountain at Patterson was filled with the frothy suckers for all to delight in, except for the two maintenance guys up on the top left. They didn't seem to be too thrilled with the prank or the picture I was taking...


As much as all of that was good it was just a precursor to the epicness that was today at Typhoon Lagoon with a large chunk of the mansion cast. There must have been twelve or fifteen of us when we were at our largest and it was awesome! I wish I had some pictures to show but they aren't up on facebook yet so I can't post them here. The group shot at the end is adorable I'm sure and I'll snag it as soon as it pops up. Today was the last opportunity I'll have to really relax and hang out with so many of the fabulous maids and butlers and I'm so glad I was able to do so.


At the risk of getting too emotional about it I'm going to stop now. I've begun packing already and I know it's getting to be the end of the line. Moving is always bittersweet...




Cheers,
David

Song of the day - Explosive by Bond (another epic string band)

No comments:

Post a Comment