Saturday, April 9, 2011

Summertime!

And the livin's... not too bad! I've had some free time to spend with my friends this week because I've taken on fewer extra shifts. I have tomorrow and Monday off as well, and I have some fun things planned which is exciting. Monday I'll be eating at the Hollywood Brown Derby! It's the first "nice" dinner since Liz came to visit in early March so hooray for good food!

The Mansion is losing some good people in the next few weeks which is really upsetting. A few programs are ending, coordinators are being reassigned, and others are taking a leave of absence from Disney for a while. Many faces that I've come to know and love won't be around for the final month or so which is already weird to think about. No choice but to carry on, but know you will be missed.

I've heard back from one of my potential summer internships. I'm expecting a final answer from them soon, and it's quite possible that at this time next week I'll know where I'm living and what I'm doing once my college program is over. There is one other internship that I am really interested in but I haven't heard anything from yet. I know it's a big company, but even a canned response would be nice, at least it would give me some sort of closure so I'd know not to expect anything. The website that I applied through doesn't even say that I applied any more...

I'm going to Typhoon Lagoon tomorrow for the first time since February! It is much much warmer now so I have a feeling that I'm going to enjoy it a bit more this time and that it's going to be crowded. When I was there last I was one of the few people there. Maybe I'm crazy but when it gets hot more people go to water parks right?

Have any of you ever heard of Kan Jam before? It's a Frisbee game that you could play at the beach (or Beech as the case may be for me next year) or at a tailgate that seems pretty awesome. The goal is basically to get the disk into the can. Sounds simple but it seems more challenging in practice. I'm going to take a shot at it if I have time tomorrow too. If it's awesome I'm bringing it back to Massachusetts and to Penn State. Anything with more Frisbee is a positive influence in my book.

Cheers,
David

Song of the day - The Reeling by Passion Pit

1 comment:

  1. Dad's still skiing so not really summertime here. I can't wait to hear about your summer plans.

    ReplyDelete