Sunday, April 3, 2011

Work-a-thon Complete!

Remember a few weeks ago when I said I didn't remember what sleep was like? I forget again... I didn't know it was possible but I actually worked MORE hours this week. I think I have a sick addiction to overtime. Deployment called me today and asked me to come in again but I put my foot in the ground and held firm. This is my first day off in 13 days and I'm taking it.


There were good days and bad days, but I managed to hold on to my sanity despite the constant crazy being thrown at me by guests. It did take a tole on my blog again though. I had three or four ideas for posts that I wanted to write but I never had the time and now I don't remember them. It's a damn shame, and I'm working my schedule so that I have every other morning free from here on out so that I have time to write.

The past three weeks of insane hours have taught me something very important about me and my future priorities. Work isn't everything. I feel like I should have learned this earlier in life, but better now while I'm young before I let too much life pass me by. The last month down here is going to be amazing and I'm not letting anything hold me back.

Cheers,
David

Song of the day - Never Quite Free by The Mountain Goats (New song!)

3 comments:

  1. I'd say learning that work isn't everything is a good thing to learn and you're still young enough to take advantage of that knowledge, just don't tell future employers ;-)

    Tole should be toll.
    And did you really put your foot in the ground? I think you just want to put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete