Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's about to get real

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the future of this blog in the past few days. Maybe it's because my Disney time is winding down, or maybe it's because I've been spending a whole bunch of time on the unload belt at the mansion... either way I've been thinking.

I want to keep blogging after I leave Disney. It's therapeutic for me to write, and I don't want to stop just because I won't have Disney as a subject. I'd like to think that I lead a life that is interesting enough to blog about. If I don't, perhaps maintaining this blog will inspire me to do more interesting things in the first place so that I have something to write about.

I fancy myself to be a decent writer and for that reason I plan to take my posting more seriously. Thus far I've been a bit lax in my editing and I'd like to fix that. Nothing makes intelligent thoughts look worse than spelling and grammar mistakes. I know I can do better if I just take my time. Feel free to call me out on any mistakes I make. I won't get better if I keep making the same stupid mistakes over and over again.

Besides using this space to review movies, books, music, and any other media I happen to get my hands on, I'd also like to use it to log my newest endeavor; learning how to cook. I know it's a bit old hat what with "Julie and Julia", which is a good watch by the way, but it's a skill I really need to improve upon. I've always been a foodie that doesn't know how to make any of the food I love. For years my dad has been trying to teach me and I think it's about time I let him. I also have a food network star in mind to help me out down the road, but I'll save that announcement for when I actually start cooking.

Back to the here and now; I've been spending all my time at the spooky house on the hill. I'm getting all the hours, and then some, that I wanted when I first came down here. The work is fun, especially because my fellow maids and butlers are some of the most entertaining and delightful people I've ever met. I've been adjusting my sleep patterns since daylight saving time kicked in a few weeks ago. I think I've finally got it worked out so that I can get 8-9 hours of sleep a night and still feel productive during the day.

Even with all the work I've still had time to watch the first season of Weeds on Netflix since last I wrote. I started watching it ages ago but I never got around to finishing it up. Six seasons later and I've watched season 1... On the bright side, almost all of it is on Netflix now so I can get the whole story in one go. I've heard it goes down hill quickly through the seasons, but I like the characters a lot so I'll just keep watching until I get annoyed with the story. The music featured throughout the show is also really good and that's always a positive in my book.

I'm interested to hear any feedback about my future blogging plans. Do you like my ideas? Do you have any other suggestions for me? Is there anything I need to do while I'm down here that I should be writing about? There are lots of updates at The Haunted Mansion that, hopefully, will be finished up for the Easter rush. I've seen most of them at this point, but until they are open to the public full time I can't get into any specifics. Guests have seen them though, so pictures can be found if you look.

Cheers,
David

Song of the day - Cotton by The Mountain Goats

4 comments:

  1. you have two more parks to rank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! I tried to blog about my cooking endeavors...http://tealsmeals.blogspot.com/2010/08/ah-busy-life-of-college-student.html Clearly I couldn't keep it up, but it was fun while it lasted. Maybe I'll try to get back into it!

    As for editing posts, watch your and you're :) I found that I had to do a preview of my posts before actually posting them to pick out my mistakes, though I'm sure I still have plenty of them haha. Did you see my Ireland blog at all? Anyway, I'm really impressed at how often you update and whatnot--it makes me happy to click on my bookmarks bar and see a new posttttt

    Good luck my dearest, we miss you terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz - Epcot and Kingdom no? I was also planning a full scale rank of overall favorites once the individual parks are complete so I guess I still need to do that too.

    Mom - Thanks, fixed it!

    Teala - I did read your Ireland blog! It was fun! The other one I never saw a link for, hopefully I continue to keep it up, I do enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete