Thursday, January 13, 2011

Procrastination > Packing

Those already down at Disney and those living outside of the greater New England area may not have been aware of the weather we've been having up here. Fear not! I shall inform thee! There was a pretty awesome snow storm during the duration of the day on Wednesday. From the moment I woke up until I feel asleep I never saw it stop snowing. At max height when I went out to shovel with my dad I think we had around 2ft of the stuff. I went outside and took a picture early in the day. You're lucky I like to document things because it was windy and nasty out there.

Here's what my house looked like around noon (notice the droopy pine tree and the general lack of sunshine):



Lucky for us, our plow guy did make it out to our house and helped clear off a few big chunks of the driveway. I say lucky because he gave me, what will probably become, the last exciting thing I will do in this town before I head down to Vista Way next Wednesday. He gave me a snow bank.

I know, or assume I suppose, you must be asking yourself: "But David, what's exciting about a snow bank?" Nothing in particular... when it becomes a hollowed out snow bank, now that's when it gets interesting!

That's right! Rather than spending my free day turning the piles of clothes and other miscellaneous items recovered from my dorm room into the two bags (that's right only two) that I'm allowed to bring down on the plane I decided to build an igloo! See how I use my free time? I'll get it done... eventually. I love going places but I hate packing. I'm a walking contradiction.

I wanted to get some good pictures but snow has a weird thing about being white so depth isn't really a strength of its photographic representation. I decided to take a video instead. It looks alright I guess, but trust me when I say it was much more epic in person. I did spend all day working on it (9am to about 3pm with a lunch break) so maybe I'm a little biased...

Here's the video I took on my phone. Not to plug the Droid X, but I think it looks and sounds pretty good for a phone video:


In other non snow related news, did you hear they added a 13th Zodiac sign? I know right? 12 was the perfect number of signs! Needless to say my sign was changed (from Pisces to Aquarius) and I'm not happy about it... Stupid age of Aquarius...

See you real soon,
David

Song of the day: Theme from Jurassic Park by John Williams

1 comment:

  1. nice igloo tibbz...not to mention...no spelling mistakes???? wtf?

    ReplyDelete