Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Countdown to Excitement!

GET IT! It's like the old name of Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom! No? Whatever, it still gets the point across. I'm excited because the next few weeks are going to be filled with friends and family! Not to mention that it's spring break season so there are going to be extra people in the parks which always makes work more interesting too.

Before I get into the coming days I went to Hollywood Studios yesterday with Dannon and we had a blast! We did all the usual attractions PLUS we were chosen to be part of the pre-show at the Backlot Tour! It was a really warm day and getting doused with water was exactly what I needed to wake me up. I also, for the first time ever, went into the animation station. Here an illustrator teaches a group how to draw a classic Disney character. We drew Daisy and mine sorta looks like a duck so I'm thinking that's pretty good. My bow clearly needs work but here she is:


So the excitement kicks off with my birthday at the end of this week! I'm not usually a big fan of my birthday, but I'm thinking fish and chips with a pint in Great Britain might be the perfect present to buy myself this year. After that, Rachel and her friends from North Eastern arrive on Tuesday for a one day whirlwind tour of Disney which I will be providing on my day off. Liz gets in on Saturday afternoon and we'll be meeting in Paris, the city of love, to kick off our week of adventure together. Last, but not least, my sister and her boyfriend are coming down for a few days on their spring break the following week.

I just finished up the writing portion of my application for what might be the single greatest public relations internship in the history of internships. For my tastes it is perfect and I hope I get called for an interview. I have a few other promising, and more realistic, internships to finish up my applications for. I think this summer is going to be exciting no matter where I end up.

Cheers,
David

Song of the day - The Final Countdown by Europe <-- an epic of epic epicness

2 comments:

  1. Excellent drawing of Daisy. I'm impressed. Wish I could be there for your birthday. Have a pint on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I just figured it out -- countdown to extinction!

    ReplyDelete