Thursday, February 17, 2011

"How far do you walk on that belt in a day?"

Never far enough to escape that question... I think the real answer is about five miles on an average day, but it's more fun to make up something witty or creepy than to give a real answer and the guests seem to like that more too. I've been working a lot since last we spoke! I picked up on of my friends extra shifts to I'm up to 40 hours this week! Cue the balloons and confetti... Well I was excited...

Spring break is coming which means lots of hours for everybody! Next week I'll know if I get the day off when my friend Rachel comes down with her friends for their spring break. I'm really hoping I do, I'll probably be able to get it off one way or another, but it would be so easy if I just got Tuesday off again like I have been every week. I also took off for the Red Sox spring training game at ESPN's Wide World of Sports complex against the Braves! I haven't bought my ticket yet (hopefully Monday when I get the time off), but I'm still really excited.

What on earth has been happening? I've been a little under the weather and busy with work so I haven't been doing much other than sleeping and playing Gran Turismo in my spare time which I doubt is very interesting for anyone other than me. Speaking of video games though... Portal 2 comes out soon and I'm super excited for that. GLaDOS might be my favorite computer based character ever. If you haven't seen the trailer or played the first she is the sarcastic narrator of the game. Play the first one though, it's amazing and short. Here's the trailer for the new co-op mode I'm really geeked about:


I went to Epcot again to ride some things and get a croissant... I also bought two awesome throwback teeshirts that I'm sure I'll have pictures of me in because I love them! I'm still not ready to do my review of Epcot though... I love the park so much that I'm having a hard time deciding how I want to spread the love fest. The world showcase is going to need it's own section and I don't know how to rate countries or if I even have to.

I've started applying to internships for the summer the other day, and I'm starting to get really excited about a few of them. I don't want to jinx it so I wont say what it is, but I got an email yesterday evening from an organization that I would LOVE to work for. It's in NYC and it's paid so it's basically the triple threat in my mind. I can't wait to submit my application.

Anywho, I'm hungry so I'm going to stop writing and go eat. I'll try to wait less than a week to update you next time.

Cheers,
David

Song of the day - We Walk by The Ting Tings

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're having a great time down there man. I hope it is certainly as magical as you had hoped for you, you deserve it. I'm really jealous every time I think about the fun you must be having while I'm sitting in class haha. We should catch up sometime soon, I'd love to hear about all of this (including your internship search -- mine has turned to NY as well) sometime soon. Until then, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nyc summer trial run better go well. that way i can convince you to live there for real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeopardy! had a question last night in the Disneyland category - the answer was something about the classic ride with Doom Buggies and no one got the answer. I think someone said "Pirates of the Caribbean".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandon - that would be very cool if we ended up in NYC together, we need to catch up soon man...

    Liz - Don't count your chickens before they hatch girl :-p

    Mom - I would have know that lol

    ReplyDelete