Thursday, February 3, 2011

You can't win 'em all

I think I got a little worked up about nothing the other day. First of all, apparently I can't comprehend fine print. Within 10 days rather than more than 10 days before. Duh. That makes more sense. Thanks Missy for pointing out my stupidity. The hours bit was also a little hot headed of me. The more I see how Disney works the more I realize that EVERYONE is getting less hours than they want. Seasonal, part-time, full-time, everyone. CPs seem to get more hours than a lot of other people which doesn't seem fair in the big picture but there isn't much I can do about that besides give up my shifts which I can't afford to do either.

But less complaining more rambling!
I was talking with a few of my co-workers the other day about music, one of my favorite topics, but I found myself completely lost. It was all going quite well until we got on to the subject of country music, which I know nothing about. I usually consider myself to have a good handle on the general music scene, but not in this area.

It should come as no surprise that country music isn't something I listen to on a regular basis... really ever for that matter. There was a time when people would ask me what kind of music I liked and my response was always easy: anything but country. Hell, I still say that.

I suppose this is just something that I never really thought about before because country music is much less popular in the north east region of the country. The music I know about is the same music that most people that I know like. It was strange to be out of place talking about one of the few subjects I generally think I know a lot about. 

The vampires in my head are telling me this is boring so I'm going to bring it to a swift conclusion.

Cheers,
David

Song of the day - Welcome to the Jungle by Guns and Roses

No comments:

Post a Comment